PowerPoint presentations are a huge part of our student life as well as our professional life. They always add to our work when it is presented it in the form of a PowerPoint presentation.
Do you know what can make your presentation look even more appealing to the audience? It is the insertion of an imagine, a video and a YouTube video link into it. If you do not know how to insert a YouTube video in your PowerPoint presentation, keep on reading this article and by the end of it, you will come to find some ways of embedding a YouTube video in your PowerPoint presentation.
The Easiest Ways of Embedding a YouTube Video into a PowerPoint Presentation :
We have collected for you some of the easiest ways to embed a YouTube video into your PowerPoint presentation which are given below :
Insert it as an online video :
If you will look at the built-in tools of your PowerPoint, you will find a tool to insert a YouTube video into a slide. By following the given steps you can make it happen :
- You have to go to the YouTube app and find the video that you think you would like to insert into your PowerPoint presentation.
- Once you have found your desired video, you have to open it and copy it’s link from the address bar in your browser.
- Now, you have to open your PowerPoint presentation and select the slide where you want to embed the video into.
- Go to the Insert tab and choose the option Video. Then a menu will pop up having an option of Online Video. Select it.
- Now paste the link of the YouTube video in the first address bar of the window that you have opened.
- After doing that you have to click on the thumbnail of the video that you have chosen and press Insert.
- The video size can also be adjusted like other objects in your slides.
Using an embed code to insert a YouTube video :
Using the embed code method is more advanced than the previous one. To insert a video by using this method, you must follow the following steps :
- Find a video that you like on YouTube and then go to the Share button and click the Embed option underneath your chosen video and copy the code that appears on your screen.
- Open your presentation and select the slide where you want to embed the video.
- Go to the Insert option, then click on the Video, then the Online Video.
- A field will appear saying From a Video Embed Code, paste the code into it and press
Insert a YouTube Video in PowerPoint by Screen Capturing :
The above mentioned tips can not function without the availability of an internet connection but this method can work even if you do not have an internet connection. You will simply have to record your YouTube video on your device by using Free Cam or any other recording app and then follow these steps :
- Go to the YouTube video that you have selected then copy the link from Embed code underneath your video.
- Open a new tab in your browser and paste the link into the address bar.
- Play the video and now use your recording application to record the video.
- Stop recording it when you are done and save the video on your device.
- Open your PowerPoint presentation, select the slide and go to the Insert option, then click on Video, then go to Video on My PC and select the video. Then adjust it on your slide and save the changes.
There are many ways of embedding a YouTube video into your PowerPoint presentation. Always choose the best way for yourself from the above given ways because each method varies in terms of time, playback and many other factors. Always keep in mind the time you have and the options you have to make it look more appealing and captivating to your audiences. Always make sure that the method you are using is applicable on the version of PowerPoint that you have installed on your electronic devices.